Is it Free to join NE1?
Yes it is. It is actually illegal for agencies to charge clients to be on their books - see Finding work through an entertainment or modelling agency for more info.
The agents at NE1 work hard to match clients with appropriate jobs to their skills and experience. We do take 15% of any money earned under £100 and 20% for anything over £100 with a portion of our commissions going towards supporting two local charities which are Shine and Circus Starr.
It is, however, your responsibility to declare and pay your tax contributions.
If we don't find you work, you pay nothing, so what have you got to lose by registering here now!!
What's involved in being an SA / Extra?
In the TV/film world, Supporting Artistes (SAs), Background Artists, Extras are used to make a scene real.
- Clothes: The costume department will phone you and tell you what to bring with you, and it's always helpful if you bring a few changes as the colour might be wrong for the camera. If it is a period drama obviously they will supply the necessary costumes. Generally it is sensible to avoid all black, bright white, small checks, or large obvious logos.
- Working hours: The production may keep you all day, but whatever you do, whether it be 2 hours or 10, you will be paid the same amount. In other words you will be paid a daily rate, which will differ from job to job.
- Transport: You will be expected to make your own way to and from the set. Transport will normally be provided if they move to other locations during your contract time.
- Payment: Production companies usually pay on a monthly basis, so you will generally receive payment within 28 days of work that you undertake although we only pay you when we get paid from the company.
- Representation: Please remember you are representing NE1 and your registration will be deleted if we hear you've not adhered to the following:
- Pay attention to what you are asked to bring with you and wear
- Arrive in good time and check in with named contact
- DO NOT approach cast or crew
- DO NOT photograph cast or crew
- Turn mobile phones OFF
- DO NOT announce your whereabouts on Social Media
- Be quiet on and around set at all times
Once your filming is over, you should contact NE1 to confirm what time you finished and if you were asked to perform anything extra or to return another day.
Can you provide a bespoke service?
You can use the search facility above to select our clients you may be interested in and automatically forward them to us to check their availability.
We hope this website will provide solutions for the needs of production companies, but we are always more than happy to talk in person about particular requirements.
How do I get work now I'm registered with NE1?
In other words, "What happens next...?"
We contact you...
We get hundreds of jobs in every week and use the criteria listed in the brief to search our database of clients:
- IF the production team get back to us, they let us know who they want to meet, when and where, and we contact you again to arrange. You will normally not hear back from us if they don't want to see you!
- You go for the audition and the Casting Director contacts us again if you are successful, or they want to recall you, and we tell you. You need to be prepared to cover your own travel/accommodation costs.
You contact us...
From the hundreds of jobs we get every week, some are posted on Twitter and Facebook:
- If you see a post that interests you, follow the instructions - e.g. either email or telephone the Agent named, to request the brief.
- Once you've read it thoroughly, reply saying whether you want to be put forward. Include your Profile link or username, briefly stating why you would be suitable, and give any other relevant links or info.
- If we think you're suitable, we submit your profile link, photos & physical characteristics (so these must be kept up to date) to the Casting Director on the production.
- IF they get back to us, they let us know who they want to meet, when and where, and we contact you again to arrange. You will not hear back from us if they don't want to see you!
- You go for the audition and the Casting Director contacts us again if you are successful, or they want to recall you, etc. You need to be prepared to cover your own travel/accommodation costs.
DO NOT APPLY:
- If you cannot make the dates stated, either casting, rehearsal, stills or production
- If you cannot get yourself to the location
- If you cannot fulfill the criteria
Why can't I view my profile page?
Although you'll be able to view it when you're logged in, your profile page may not be live on the site due to any one of the following reasons:
REMEMBER THE SITE IS HERE FOR YOU TO SELL YOURSELF ON
If you can try and put all your details on yourself if not find someone who is good with computers and ask them, it's just we need to spend our time looking for work.
- Your photo(s) may be missing, inappropriate or not good enough
- Headshot needs to be a clean, clear, face-on picture of YOU alone
- Full length can be of you sitting or standing
- Images must be greater than 183pixels wide
- You have not detailed any experience yet have ticked the 'actor' category (see "I want to be an Actor but haven't any experience" below)
- You haven't filled in enough information about yourself, ie. Measurements, Characteristcs, Further Information...
- Your username is too like your real name and therefore identifies you
- Children 0-15years must have their parent/carer's contact details listed
- We have a backlog and will approve in due course! Give us a nudge if more than 24-hours ;-)
Until these are rectified, no production agencies can find you, and we can't put you forward for work.
I want to be an Actor but haven't any experience...
Please tick as many categories as you feel you fit into. However, if you don't back this up by listing your experience, your profile will not be approved. For example: if you want to be an actor but haven't any experience yet, please state that in the Further Info field, and only tick 'Supporting Artiste / Extra' box. Once you have experience we'll consider upgrading you.
What's involved in licencing children?
The licensing of children (under 16) is intended to safeguard their education, health and welfare. The Education Welfare Service is responsible for the issuing and supervision of licences on behalf of the Local Authority.
We can help you with this.
You will need:
- A letter from your doctor saying your child is fit and well
- A letter from the school allowing them time off (if applicable)
- 2 passport photos
Do I need a Chaperone?
If a child (under 16) takes part in a performance for which they need a licence, this can include TV or filming, theatre, sporting activities or modelling. They will also require a chaperone (matron) who is responsible for their welfare.
Can I have more than one Agent representing me?
Of course - you get the work where you can!
However, if NE1 put you forward for a casting, you must inform the production company of our name and contact details (not your own), and if another agent offers you the same audition, you must let them know you're already attending.
Our Agency details are: NE1, 0191-2651196, email@example.com
The Dumping Ground
Tracy Beaker Returns
The Revenge Files of Alistair Fury
Wire in the Blood series 4
Wire in the Blood series 5
Wire in the Blood series 6
Byker Grove series 17
Byker Grove series 16
Elizabeth, Virgin Queen
Distant Shores 1 & 2
True Lives (Pilot)
Hit The Road Jack
Don't Waste your Seat
Grumpy Old Holidays
Scientific Research in conjunction with Puma and Bristol University
We Buy Any Car
Fresh School Morning
Newcastle vs Liverpool promo
Dating – BT Sports
Brown Ale No 2 – New York
Brown Ale No1 – New York
My Medicines My Health
Ahlstrom China Wall Covering
Score (News of the World advertisement)
Phones 4 U
Ashes – Sky Sports
Maguire's Country Parks
See What Sam Sees
The Other Child
No Kaddish In Wrexham
A Noise in my Ear
Blood & Honey
Driving on Business
Label Planet Corporate
Mobile Eco System
Benefit Fraud Campaign 2008
A Day In The Life Of
Christmas Child Voiceover
Joe Mceldery Music Video
Dalton Park Role Play
One Direction Music Video
Santa Role Play Dalton Park
Thompson Food Magazine
Wizard Of Oz
Alice And Wonderland